Thursday, April 10, 2008

Troy's rotation


Well, we are back to a rotation where we never see Troy. He is doing his OBGYN rotation now. He has been dreading this rotation, but now that he has been doing it for a few weeks, he says he enjoys it. The doctor he is with is very good and Troy says he is learning a ton! He left yesterday at 7:00 a.m. and didn't get home until 11:00 p.m. I didn't see him all day... wait, yes I did. When he got home I lifted my head off the pillow and smiled and that's the last thing I remember. I always told myself I would be happy just to be able to see him once a day. I remember when he had already moved to Dominica and I was here, in Utah, pregnant with Cache and I didn't get to see him for 4 months! I said after that I would be happy to see him for one minute a day... even if it's just that :) Troy works so hard and is such a great husband and dad! We are grateful for all he does! Only 12 more weeks and he will be done with rotations! YEAH! We are planning some fun trips this summer. I can't wait. Here is a picture of Cache and Griffyn when dad is home. They love being right by him every second.Here are some more cute pics over the past few days too... I take lots of pics!!! Cache is still doing great on the potty training. He wore underwear all day and had ZERO accidents! WOO HOO! He got to play his computer games (PBSKIDS.ORG) as a reward and was in Heaven!

7 comments:

Cindi said...

Congratulations on the potty training success. Yay!

Bonny said...

I'm glad he's doing well, but don't be frustrated if a few weeks from now he has an accident or two. Its normal. FYI. My bro in law is on his last rotation now of emergency medicine. Sorry its so hard for you right now.

Jen said...

It's actually not hard for me :) I just miss seeing Troy. I am at least the type of person that is pretty independant and can handle things pretty well on my own, but we miss Troy when he has long days.

CMTASK said...

I, so don't envy Troy being gone all the time nor do I envy the potty training, but I am glad that both are going well. Both will be great when they are all done (rotations and potty training.)

Oliverson Family said...

Troy is one of the most dedicated individuals I've ever met. Even when I was running around raging hormones freshman year college he was still hanging in the library studying. Such a good kid. I still think if it wasn't for Troy's example I wouldn't have opened the one book I bought my freshman year. Don't tell him but I only did it to make him feel good. :D

Rochelle said...

Go Cache. Hopefully Hunter will follow soon. I am still traumatized from the last potty training I went through. It is wonderful when it is all said and done though!!!

Tiff and Rand said...

Hahaha, his undies crack me up. It makes sense though, they want to see the car and who can see that when you're sitting on it!?! I am so glad I got to see Griffyn today! She is so adorable and does seem older than 5 weeks, and she smiles already! What a doll. You two looked exactly alike when you were an infant, I couldn't believe those pictures of the two of you! It was good seeing you today, by the way, hope you love your front bang/layers.