For those of you who don't know, I worked at an LDS girls camp for 3 summers of my life. They had a huge 50th year reunion for anyone who has ever worked there. It was so much fun to go and see people I haven't seen for 10 years! I wish I had more time to talk to everyone! The night went by so fast.
Now, when you work at Oakcrest, you go by a nick name... mine was Kodak. So that's why my name tag says Kodak :) Above is a picture of members of the 2000 staff.
This is my favorite picture. When I was 13 years old, I went to Oakcrest and I was HOPING I would see one of my counselors. During the program, the women behind me started cheering for the 1991 staff picture. That's the year I was a camper, so I turned around to ask if they knew my counselor and there she was! It was so fun to talk with her and see what she is up to. It was a great night!!!
I didn't get many pictures with the 1998 staff, so if any of you have some, PLEASE send them to me :) I would love any pictures anyone took that I didn't get. THANKS!




13 comments:
Jen, How fun it is to see pictures of your old friends. Those were very memorable years for you. Especially "Sneakers", I remember you couldn't stop talking about her that summer. Oakcrest created so many great experiences and new friends for you. I always loved to hear your stories. Love you, Mom
Kodak! Who is between you and Poppy in the 1997 picture?
Kodak-
How fun it was to see you at the Reunion. We have some fun memories! Anyway, like I said, your daughter is beautiful.
Susan-
Spanky (Amy Bingham)a'97 AD is between me and Kodak - she's holding my son Ensign.
I love your pictures. I didn't even take one picture...so I am glad you have some posted. So, I'm sure we went to Oakcrest the same years...your counselor looks familiar, what was her name?
Man, I wish I could have been there. It looks like so much fun! You are beautiful!
My counselor's name was Sneaker. I also had Shamrock my 2nd year. Who did you have Melissa?
I have such fond memories of Oakcrest.
Kodak! It was so fun seeing you at the reunion! Oakcrest will always have a special place in my heart! What fun memories! You're daughter is beautiful!
It was so great to be at oakcrest again and see everyone and remember that incredible summer! We listened to the cds on the way home. Jonah and Avery now want to listen to "camp songs" every time we get in the car. Thanks for sharing your talents. I am so blessed to know such amazing people!!
I remember those two names at least. I had Banana and then Fidget. I loved Banana, but Fidget and I didn't get along so well....oh well....;-)
Oh - how fun - Wish I could've been there. Maybe I can make it to the 100 year reunion:)
I did not see you there, and I went. I am so sad now!
LOVE these pictures!! It would have been awesome to be there. Dang Minnesota! Thanks for sharing your Kodak moments :).
Post a Comment