Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Kami, I stole these pics from your blog... you took better pictures than I did :) Thanks.




Today was a wonderful day! First of all, we blessed Griffyn. I am SO grateful to my mom for sewing her blessing dress. It is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks again mom for putting in all the hours. It couldn't have been more perfect. Then during sacrament meeting, the primary kids went up to sing for their mothers. My dad (I found out later) asked Cache if he was going up to sing, not knowing he wasn't part of the program :) Without hesitation, Cache headed up on the stand with the other kids. It was too late to try and stop him when we realized he was going up. Before I knew it, Cache's head popped out right on the front row with all the other sunbeams. You could tell he felt very special up there in front of everyone. I was PRAYING he didn't do anything crazy to spoil the program. As they started singing, Cache kept looking back at the kids wondering (I am guessing) how they all knew the words. Then towards the end I was relaxing because he was being so good. Then Cache put his finger to his mouth and let out a big "SHHHHHHHH!!" to the audience. Pretty funny... I am still laughing and still wondering why and who he was shushing....

Then, on Saturday I had a shower in Orem. When I got home, Cache and Troy had painted pictures for me and used it as wrapping paper for some presents. Cache was so excited to give them to me. Next thing I know, Cache says "They are DVD's." I guess he doesn't know how to keep a secret yet. I had a great Mother's Day. I hope all of you did too :)

Here is a picture of us with Troy's parents.



Here are my parents with Griffyn.



8 comments:

Cindi said...

Griffyn looks so beautiful. Your mom did a fabulous job on the dress. It is gorgeous.

Oliverson Family said...

If you were to look up "All American Family" in the dictionary you'd find the first pic of you guys. Darling! I'm so counting down the days lil over a month till happy time.

--Burdean

Juli said...

Wow, that's a beautiful dress! I wish I could sew, but I don't have the patience. Cache is a cutie, how adorable.

Rochelle said...

Wish we could have been there! Very fun. Congrats!

Kami said...

Don't worry, you can steal pictures any time you want. Besides, I think you are a much better photographer than me...hence your nickname (Kodak). Thanks for a fun day, I enjoyed hanging out with you guys and will definitely have to come over more often. Love ya!!

Jaynie said...

What a beautiful dress and beautiful little girl! Cute pictures of the whole family. Sounds like you had a great day!

Bonny said...

I'm sorry I missed the blessing. I was at my parents house. I like seeing the pictures though. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day.

Adam and Brynn said...

We wish we could've been there!!! She's SO pretty in her dress! :) Good Job Mom!! I love it. I'm glad you had a fabulous Mother's day! And I'm glad we got to see you guys this week.