Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our New House!





We bought a 1964 Ranch house. It has 5 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and 2000 finished square feet. The laundry area is "unfinished" and about 400 square feet. We got way more home than we thought we could get and we LOVE it :) It is in a fabulous area that everyone told us to buy in. We didn't hink we would get into that area because of our price range. The school is one of the best in the county (I hear) and that was very important to us. I did find out that Kindergarden is a FULL day out there. I am going to need time to let that settle. That makes me sad, but I know Cache will love it. He also gets picked up by bus every day at our front door! Nice!
We have a nice big backyard with a few pear trees :) There is a park just down the street too :)
We also love the basement. It has a nice big room we are going to have as a play room. The only thing that we sacrificed was a nicer kitchen. Our kitchen is small, but we are going to try to fix that later. The home was very clean and well taken care of. It has had a lot of updates and is a great home. I feel like everything worked out for us as far as timing and price just at the right moment and allowed us to get this home. It is such a blessing! We feel we got everything we needed and even got some of our wants as well. FUN! We can't wait to move into our first home :)

18 comments:

Adam and Brynn said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! :) I love it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's GREAT house! I hope you love it there, but we'll miss you here! I'm happy for you!

Brett and Becca Muir said...

Congrats! I love the house! Looks like a great place to raise the fam. What a happy time for you guys.

Rochelle said...

WOW!! How fun! congrats. It will be so much fun to own a home and do WHATEVER you want to it!!! Looks like there is plenty of parking when we all come out and see you:)

Jenny Roberts said...

Love the house. Congrats!

The Acor Adventures said...

We are so jealous! It looks like a great house with lots of room. We seriously want to come and visit you guys!

The Wessman Family said...

Congratulations - we are thrilled for you and it looks like a fabulous find!

allyn said...

Jen and Troy! Your house find is so exciting! We are tickled that you are moving to Virginia. When is the big day?

Juli said...

Yay!!!! Congrats!

The Wessman Family said...

Troy - nice man purse in front of your new house! Congrats!
Mike

Jen said...

Troy is always so good to make sure he is helping me with my stuff. I would lose my purse all the time if it weren't for him :) That's funny! I wouldn't have noticed that :)

Bonny said...

I'm so happy for you, but also just a tad jealous! Our house is so tiny. Good for you guys. We will miss you but it is so exciting for you guys. Oh, all day kindergarten must be hard, but is standard in most of the country now. Stinks.

Jenni S said...

It is so cute. The neighborhood looks so pretty too. I'm so excited for your family. Kaleb had full-day kindergarten here too. I was a bit worried, but he loved it! Congrats!!

Jaynie said...

Your very own house to make a home! Congrats. That was fast, I'm so happy things fell into place for you.

Josh and Emily said...

congratulations! That is so fun to have such a great house!

jamie lynette said...

How fun! Its good to see the number of East Coast Johnsons growing! Congrats. It looks like a great place.

Molly said...

Homeowners!! Congratulations. You're going to have so much fun in your OWN house. For the first few months after we moved into our first home, whenever the house would make a noise I thought it was Bob, our upstairs neighbor in our old apartment! I had to keep reminding myself that there is no Bob anymore! It's unreal to think that all that glorious space is all yours. I'm happy for you guys!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Congrads! How exciting for you!