We went camping last night up Diamond Fork canyon! It was so much fun. We went with two other families in our ward. We went on a short walk, made tin foil dinners, roasted hotdogs and marshmallows, made dutch oven cobbler ( I made a peach/orange cobbler and my friend Marinda made a raspberry cobbler) Both were yummy! Super good :) We woke up this morning and had pancakes, eggs and sausage. The best part of camping is the food right? I think so. We loved every second of it. It went by a little too fast. We are already planning our next camping trip for next week... Why do I love it so much? I think it's just being outdoors and close to family and friends. I love hiking and (obviously) cooking. We haven't been able to go camping since we got married. The first summer we were married I got pregnant (and sick... those are synonyms for me) and we moved to Miami. The next Summer we lived in Dominica, the summer after that we were back in good ol' Miami and last summer I got.... you guessed it PREGNANT! So, I am especially happy to get to go out and camp and do something I love. We were also able to finally use some wedding gifts (tent, sleeping pads, egg hoder, lanterns, etc.) It's a lot of work just for one night, but so worth it.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
CAMPING!
Posted by Jen at 2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Looks like a ton of fun. How's the 12th looking?
How fun! I hear ya with being pregnant and sick. We haven't been camping much because of that very reason so we want to try this summer. Is it hard to camp with a baby? We are hoping Madison will do alright.
Yeah, camping! We went too with my family and it was a lot for 1 night, but we loved it too. I get sick when I'm pregnant too, plus I'm usually REALLY pregnant in the summer and we haven't been much either. You are good to get your pictures up. We didn't get home til almost midnight last night and I haven't even thought of pictures! Not to invite ourselves, but if you ever want to go camping with someone, we're up for it!
mmmm I love camping - it sure isn't as easy as it was in college:)
Post a Comment