Sunday, October 17, 2010

Temple Trip and a Family Cookout

 Troy is catching on to my Yard sale addiction.  He was working at a rest home last week and they were having a yard sale there. He saw this brand new fire pit! We have been looking for one of these since last Spring, but never bought one because we didn't NEED one and they were a bit expensive.  Well, when he saw this was more than half the price, he called me and I told him to grab it!  It is amazing what you can get at yard sales here (everything!) if you are patient and wait for it to come along.  We had a fun family cookout last night and can't wait to have more this Fall!













 Troy and I got to go to the temple Friday night until Saturday on a nice trip without the kids. A HUGE thanks goes to my friends who made that possible!!!  I have some of the greatest friends...
We had a very nice trip and were so thankful to get to go to the temple.  It was so nice to go and feel so close to Camryn and feel peace and comfort too.  I know this will be such a long process and I miss Camryn SO much!  I am just grateful for opportunities where I can feel and know that she is okay and waiting for us. The past week has been much harder than the first few weeks, but we are still okay and taking every opportunity to feel happiness and find blessings in our lives.  Camryn is such a huge blessing to our family! 








8 comments:

Effie said...

I am completely jealous of your fire pit. Some day we will have a more permanent home and I DEFINITELY want a fire pit. And yay for your nice friends!

Brett and Becca Muir said...

I just barely read about sweet Camryn. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain that comes with it. You are such a strong woman. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jenny Roberts said...

Hang in there. One day at a time.

Monica Lifferth said...

What a great opportunity for you to get to the temple. A perfect place to feel so close to your sweet baby.

Love the fire pit. We have one and they are great. Definitely memory building fun. :)

Ryan and Alicia said...

It sounds like it was a wonderful temple trip. I'm so grateful we have those types of opportunities to feel closer to our Heavenly Father and to feel the peace that only the temple can provide.
What a fun fire pit! We have a fire place on our lower patio and don't use it nearly as much as we should. You've inspired me for FHE tonight. Thanks!

Rochelle said...

Love the fire pit, ours struggles BAD!! That temple is beautiful!!

Syme Family News said...

Jen, I hope your healing gets easier. I am so glad you got a chance to go to the temple. Josephine had told me she had talked to you about Thanksgiving? Do you have plans? Let me know. Janeen Syme

Melissa said...

I hope things continue to get better for you. I know it will take a long time. What a comforting feeling it is to know who you are...a daughter of our heavenly father...and know your beautiful daughter is waiting for you. You are a wonderful mom!