I am finally getting around to writing out the story of when Grant made his arrival. I was told to call the Labor and Delivery Dept. at the hospital at 5:30 am on September 7th to see when and if I could go in. I called and they said they had me on hold and would call when I could come in. I decided to call back at 7:45 am and ask more questions. I called and asked if I could expect morning or afternoon. The woman told me a nurse would call me back. An hour later, I got a phone call. I answered the phone and the nurse said "Well, there has been a change of plans... how would you like to have a baby today?" I thought to myself, "wait, that has always been the plan!" LOL so she told us to mosey in. So we did and got there about 9:15 am. We did all the paper work and started the IV pretty quickly. Dr. Harding and I had an agreement that nothing would get started until I had my epidural. I got the epidural about 11:15 ish. It was the best one I have remembered having! Not painful and it worked perfectly! About noon the petocin was started. I was already dialated to a 4 when I was started, so that was good. I went up to 8 centemeters pretty quickly- by about 2:00. We thought I would be delivering shortly. The nurse even convinced me to order my food for an hour after the baby was born. She told me to order for 4:30, meaning that I would have Grant, surely, by 3:30. Maybe that jinxed us... It wasn't too bad though. At 5:15 Dr. Harding came in to check on me and said after checking "are you ready to have a baby?" I said YES! I was so excited and got pretty emotional as well.
This entire pregnancy has gone by so fast- which is an answered prayer for me. I also received a blessing from Troy at the beginning of this pregnancy and since then, I knew that this baby would make it safely. I didn't struggle with any anxiety or stress. It was an enjoyable pregnancy and I was happy every second to be pregnant. I did have some hard times, like when it was time to pull out the baby boy clothes and put all of Camryn's girl clothes away. I still miss her SO much! But knowing that she is ours forever makes me so happy! We know she is waiting for us and doing a lot of work and good where she is. Grant definitely would not be with us, and we know this is all part of our Heavenly Father's plan.
So, Dr. Harding left the room to get ready and the Nurse's came in and got ready as well. I started pushing about 5:20 and Grant was born at 5:25 pm. Such a miracle! I love being a mom and I love all my kids :) I am so thankful for my family. The recovery has been perfect as well.
We are all loving having Grant here. Cache and Griffyn help out so much! Grant is a calm, mellow baby and I am so thankful for that! He is already 2 weeks old today! I am enjoying every second of this little newborn because he is already growing up and changing way too fast!
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Grant Eugene Johnson
Posted by Jen at 6:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Thanks for the details. It's inspiring to hear how grateful and appreciative you are. When you've gone through something hard & sad, it makes you love the happy & good so much more.
Grant is adorable!!! Cache and Griffyn are too!
Thanks for sharing! He is adorable! I love love love newborns!!
I'm so glad everything went well. It's nice to hear your positive attitude, you are wonderful!!!
Post a Comment